Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Birthday Parties

Having a seven year old child is one of the most exciting things you can experience. Having a seven year old child who, in most cases, is smarter than you is not. Don't get me wrong, I am so proud to be the parent of such a smart child, but clearly I am outgunned in a battle of wits for the rest of my years.


This is not good...


A friend of mine recently brought up birthday parties in a casual conversation. I got the chills thinking about the progression of what these parties will entail with a tween girl and all of her friends. I mean, could I feel any more out of place than in a crowd of 11-12 year old girls? At a mall? Never mind the increasing costs. Camping was suggested and I cringed at the thought of being alone in the woods with that many tweens. I fear that with no route for escape, I may just wander off into the woods...

Ok, not really, but the thought still scares the crap out of me. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment